The Corps of Engineers has a wide range of legislative Civil Works authorities allowing us to assist local communities with water resources-related issues.  These authorities allow the Corps to partner with state, local, tribal, and non-governmental agencies to address issues within a certain area.  The Civil Works program requires local sponsor support, usually financially, to complete a project or study under one of our many programs.  Typically, a cost-sharing agreement is executed at the start of each project's major phase and requires financial contributions from sponsors upfront.  Cost-sharing requirements vary from program to program.  Please contact the Ciivil Works Branch for additional information on any of our programs and how we can help solve issues in your area.

For additional information on Seattle District specific authorities, check out our new Civil Works Guidebook:
Civil Works Authorities Guidebook